Thursday, August 17, 2006

Blog Amalgam

For Flood and Fringes. This activity took longer than than I imagined mainly because I read the instructions poorly. I'm glad it's over. My submission:

I like the road I've taken, even if it has taken some hard turns. Parts of me yearn for change on warm days.

Serious though, I think wanting to be someone else means I'm not satisfied. There are all kinds of people no longer the possibility of my being. You know I ran out of time. I guess a number of us have said,"I'll leave it until I retire." Somewhere between the blur of a seemly speeding clock I got lost.

I've always been a bit of a drifter-- lacking clear direction. Feeling the same amount of disappointment. Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely. Let's go without goals.

You know, it's odd to think of nothing and then rest afterward in a psychiatric hospital. I get another chance if I want to be daring to leap into untested waters like a tiger.

Despite my fears, I still yearn for help on how to be a ghost for awhile... to observe the living. I don't know why I'm so obsessed with this. The tell-tale sign is that navigating shifting sands from a place of fear to a place of love is welcome. I feel I'm at that crossroad. The officials at the gate were easy to talk to.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Marcail,

Reading through yours and the other entries, it's been interesting to recognize sentences or sentence fragments and to see them set in this new context.

You've done a great job of pulling them all together into a cohesive whole.

Anonymous said...

Very nice, Marcail. I love the final two sentences.

Flood said...

Great story. I am still amazed at how differently we each took the words

astrologymemphis.blogspot.com said...

I haven't read everyone's yet, but it seems we all think our lives have taken some hard turns. And yet, it's been good in many ways, hasn't it? Would you live it the same way again?

Marcail said...

For the most part, I would. I would listen to my spirit more. I would follow my first instincts... less hesitation. I'd surround myself with kindred spirits and keep the naysayers outside the circle.

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful. I loved reading it.